Dragon Princess

Book Details
Author: S. Andrew Swann
Published: May 6th 2014
Pages: 330 (Paperback)
Genre: Fantasy

"My name is Frank Blackthorne, and I'm going to tell you a story."

Normally this would be the part where I would summarize the book for you, because it's just what I do. However, for this review I'm going to give you the review I gave it on Goodreads when I first read it back in July 2015.

Thoughts
Are you a person who enjoys reading?
Do you enjoy fantasy stories?
Do you like unconventional fantasy?
Do you like unconventional plot twists/endings?

I have the book for YOU!

Seriously though, I read this entire book in one sitting because it was too awesome to put down and I'm going to share with you WHY you WANT to read it!

It features a hilarious cast of characters!
* Frank the Thief (turned Knight, turned Princess)
* Lucille the Princess (turned Dragon)
* Elhared the Wizard (turned Frank)
* Dragon (turned Elhared)

Confused yet? So are the characters!

Frank is the narrator (who doesn't love a fantasy story character named Frank?) and he is having a rough bout of luck. He gets conned into helping out Elhared the Unwise rescue the Princess Lucille from the Dragon. No big deal right? Defeat the Dragon, get the girl, get the dragon horde, piece of cake!

Only, not so piece of Cake. Elhared is the bad guy (don't tell me you didn't see that coming, because it's pretty obvious right from the get go) who has decided he's just going to switch bodies with Frank and get the princess for himself.

And then the spell goes horribly, horribly awry.

Next thing you know Frank is in Lucille's body, Elhared is in Frank's, Lucille is in the Dragon's and the Dragon (who has a major gambling problem by the way) is in Elhared's.

After that it's quirky wackyness, "thugs, slavers, elvish bookies, knights in shining armour, erudite barbarians, an evil queen and the Hordes of the Dark Lord Natlac." Who is Natlac? You have to read to find out!

To quote the book cover "When magic goes awry everyone will face an identity crisis."

Rating
On Goodreads I gave this book a 5 out of 5.

For my rating, I'd give it a rating of 10 out of 10. This was one of my favourite books to read. And I am eager to read the sequels (yes, it got turned into a trilogy)!

This book gets a PG-13 rating for some adult situations and adult language.

Not suggested for people who don't like fantasy, people who didn't like movies like Freaky Friday and Vice Versa where people get body switched, servants of Evil Queens or the Dark Lord Natlac.

If you find that you love fantasy, you thought Freaky Friday was okay and you like not knowing what the heck is going on, this is the story for you!

Comments

Popular Posts